In response to the current pandemic, DeKalb County School District will begin the 2020-2021 school year using virtual learning platforms. Despite the change in location and delivery, your school counselors are still here to support you every step of the way.
During this time, you can expect:
1. School counseling lessons with your homeroom class. These will be scheduled with your homeroom and Special Area teachers. You will see your counselor in Microsoft Teams at the time of your lesson.
2. Contact from your counselor if your teacher or parent has concerns about you being able to log into your classes or complete your assignments.
3. An invitation from your counselor if you are chosen as Virtual Student of the Month!
4. Small group lessons with students who need extra support.
5. Individual meeting time if you, your parent, or your teacher requests time with your counselor. You may talk to your counselor over the phone or see him or her in Microsoft Teams.